It was built as a small Romanesque temple in the twelfth-thirteenth century and then its plan was modified in the middle of the fifteenth century. The very ancient bell tower, dated by experts around 1020, differs from any other example of Como for having only drawn openings. The external wall of the left side is adorned with protoromanesque frescoes, representing San Cristoforo with two angels and a Holy friar. Instead, another fresco with the figure of the Eternal Father has been hidden. The interior, richly decorated, preserves frescoes representing the Madonna col Bambino and San Cristoforo.