Dating back to 1572. Legend tells that it was made from a walnut trunk and used on the same place where the tree had grown.
Once the press was built, it was erected around the building that contains it. It consists of a 30 quintal boulder on which the large wooden screw, that supports the walnut trunk 12 meters high by 3 meters in diameter, is fixed. Every year in October, in memory of the handicraft activities of the town, the press is put into operation for the famous Sagra del Torchio.