Poi

  • Cama - Chiesa parrocchiale di San Maurizio

    First documented in 1219, the building as it stands today is in the Baroque style with a nave (possibly dating from 1611), barrel vault (around 1860), side chapels and bell tower (1656-62). The altars...
    Read more
  • Cama - Grotti di Cama

    Old cellars at the lower edge of a chestnut grove: small rectangular stone buildings (17th-19th century) once used for storing wine and other kinds of food. The group of caves as they are today probab...
    Read more
  • Gordona - Chiesa di San Martino (Church of San Martino)

    This church houses one of the richest collections of silverware in the whole of the Chiavenna valley, mainly thanks to gifts by the people who emigrated to Naples and founded a society in 1540. The bu...
    Read more
  • Gordona - Chiesa di Santa Caterina (Church of Santa Caterina)

    Can be reached by following the evocative 18th-century aedicule of a Via Crucis. The small building was connected to a castle that stood on the hill during the Middle Ages, and was later demolished by...
    Read more
  • Mesocco - Ponte Purlingheni (Bridge of Purlingheni)

    A few hundred metres below the former railway station, towards the hamlet of Benabbia, you will come across this single-arch stone bridge over a gorge created by the river Moesa. Much of the original ...
    Read more
  • Pian San Giacomo - Chiesetta di San Giacomo (Little church of St. James)

    On the right side of the valley, mentioned since 1419. Simple longitudinal body with a bell gable transformed in 1683 and restored in 1961.
    Read more
  • Soazza - Cappella dell'oratorio della Madonna Addolorata

    Baroque construction at the bottom of the steps leading up to the church of San Martino, altered in 1751.  
    Read more
  • Soazza - Chiesa di San Rocco

    The Baroque building (1633), on a longitudinal plan, is located in the centre of the village. The rectangular choir is decorated with rich stucco work (mid-17th century). The barrel-vaulted side chape...
    Read more
  • Soazza - Chiesa parrocchiale di San Martino

    The hilltop parish church enjoys open views and is linked to the village and the oratory below by a long flight of steps. Registered in 1219, in 1626-39 it was transformed into a single hall church in...
    Read more
  • Soazza - Former railway station

    Enlarged and renovated, now houses the Cultural Centre. It includes a municipal and regional library and two small permanent exhibitions, one dedicated to wool processing and the other to soapstone (...
    Read more
  • Soazza - Selve castanili di Mont Grand

    A round trip of about 2 hours starts from the village and takes you through these chestnut woods of considerable environmental and scenic importance. The area is home to several monumental chestnut tr...
    Read more
  • Soazza - The Roggia (irrigation ditch)

    It runs down through the centre of the village and used to supply a dozen mills, a few lathes for processing soapstone, a forge and a crowd (buildings that have now disappeared or are used for other p...
    Read more
  • Verdabbio - Chiesa parrocchiale dei Santi Pietro e Lorenzo

    First documented in 1219, the existing church is in the Baroque style (1668). Inside, the original 17th-century wooden ceiling of the nave, high altar with polychrome stucco decorations and superb pai...
    Read more

CONDIVIDI

Share on facebook
Share on whatsapp
Share on telegram
Share on email