The church of San Nicola of Casnedo, once also dedicated to San Carlo, stands on the site of an oratory named after the patron saint of Milan. It was dedicated to San Nicola because the inhabitants of this small village used to attend services in San Nicola’s chapel in the old monastery of the Assumption at Cernobbio, suppressed in 1748. Built between the late 18th and early 19th centuries, in 2001 it was the subject of a major restoration and preservation project. The rectangular facade features the rounded lines typical of the Baroque style. Some of the interior furnishings are from the old oratory, others are from the Benedictine monastery. The beautiful 17th-century painting on the wall on the left of the nave depicting Our Lady of the Assumption, attributed to the school of Cremona-born artist Gian Giacomo Barbelli, as well as the 18th-century Way of the Cross with gilded wooden frames, came from the monastery. The altarpiece depicting Our Lady of Sorrows with San Carlo, San Nicola and Sant’Antonio da Padova, dating from the mid-18th century and, with all probability, the superb 18th-century high altar in polychrome marble, came from the oratory. At the sides of the altar, in the wall of the apse, there are two windows with wrought iron bars, a tympanum and marble balustrades where the Perti family probably sat.