Latest Points of interest



Bellagio - Chiesa di San Giacomo

The church of San Giacomo was built in the 12th century. It was extended in the Baroque period with a nave and two side aisles and the bell tower

Read More

Bellagio - Villa Serbelloni

Villa Serbelloni has an ancient history. Its grounds extend along the Bellagio headland, where Pliny the Younger is said to have owned a villa called Tragoedia.

Read More

Bellagio - Villa Melzi

The villa is right on the shore of the lake. Designed by the architect Giocondo Albertolli, it was built between 1808 and 1813 for Francesco Melzi

Read More


Bellagio - Villa Trotti-Bentivoglio

The house already existed in the 1600s. In 1752 the Marquis Ludovico Trotti transformed it into a sumptuous villa surrounded by a magnificent Italian garden.

Read More

Bellagio - Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista

San Giovanni Battista's church is arguably the most beautiful in the whole of the Larian Triangle. It rises up from the lake, almost as if

Read More

Lezzeno - Ponte del diavolo

At the side of road SS 583 between Bellagio and Lezzeno, the 'Ponte del Diavolo' (Devil's Bridge) stretches across a gorge in the dolomitic

Read More

Lezzeno - Grotta dei Bulberi (o Grotta Azzurra)

The water-level entrance to the Bulberi grotto, also known as the Azure grotto, is near the cliffs of Sassi Grosgalli (a name of Celtic origin),

Read More

Casate - Piazzola del carretto

In the middle of the square there is a two-wheeled barrow which historians believe to be an underwater relic linked to an old furnace in the village in use until the Fifties.

Read More

Lezzeno - Chiesa dei Santi Quirico e Giulietta

Lezzeno's main artistic attraction is the parish church of Santi Quirico and Giulitta. Behind and above the main altar is the impressive fresco by

Read More

Lezzeno - Museo storico della nautica

The museum was set up by Cantieri Molinari, a renowned construction firm based in Como. It houses numerous wooden and fibreglass hull boats,

Read More

Nesso - Punta della Cavagnola

Punta della Cavagnola, in the municipality of Nesso, is the point where the long, looming ridge of mount San Primo, the highest peak in the Larian

Read More

Nesso - Chiesa dei Santi Pietro e Paolo

Although this church dates back to around the year 1000, we have no records of its activities for several centuries. The lakeside church was rebuilt

Read More

Nesso - Chiesa di Santa Maria di Vico

Santa Maria's church was built in the 13th century by the Order of the Umiliati (humbled), a religious order whose followers advocated

Read More

Pognana Lario - Chiesa di San Miro di Rovasco

The small church overlooks the village of Sorico and commands spectacular views of the entire lake: it houses the remains of the venerable hermit,

Read More

Pognana Lario - Chiesa di San Rocco

The base of the magnificent bell tower of San Rocco parish church bears witness to its Romanesque origins. Originally

Read More

Palanzo - Antico torchio da vino

Dating back to 1572. Legend tells that it was made from a walnut trunk and used on the same place where the tree had grown.

Read More

Palanzo - Chiesa dedicata a Sant'Ambrogio

The village of Palanzo stands at the foot of mount Palanzone, which was once a busy pass offering an alternative route to the lakeside roads.

Read More

Progetto co-finanziato da:
Capofila:
Partner di progetto:
 
Scarica la app

Powered by ItinerAria - Photographic credits - Copyright